Friday, June 8, 2012

Reflection on Extended Analysis


Reflection on Textual Analysis
My textual analysis was an article by Susan Goran called A Second Set of Eyes: An Introduction to Tele-ICU. This article will be very helpful to me while writing my final paper. Goran gives an excellent introduction to this system. Because of this article, I will be able to include the specific duties that a tele-ICU nurse has. This is going to be one of the articles that I use the most for my final paper. This article also included the negative aspects that need to be addressed with this system. Goran talks about the loss of identity that nurses feel because of this new system. It helps to get some more information on both sides of the argument.
Thus far, I am happy with what research I have. Like I said before, it is good to have information on both sides of the argument. This helps me form a more well rounded and informed paper. I want to argue that this system is good! However, I do acknowledge that patients and nurses themselves have some weariness with this idea. I want to address that so that I can provide a solid argument saying despite this hesitation, this system will better our hospitals.
My argument hopefully can be important to patients that are not sure of their stance on the situation is. It should be important to them seeing as how they are the ones that are actually in the ICU. My argument can also be important to nurses too because they are the ones who will be working in this environment and their full understanding is important for the success of this technology.  

No comments:

Post a Comment