Friday, April 20, 2012

My Audience


My Audience

      As I begin to narrow down my topic for my final paper, I begin to ponder about the audience I will have. I feel that it is very important to think about the audience you will have when writing a paper. When you visualize an audience that is interested in your topic, you tend to write a better paper.

      My paper is going to be about Nursing and technology. I will talk about the major changes that have been made in the normal ICU that include an extensive camera system that now monitors patients twenty-four hours a day. Most might say that this can be a scary thing, someone always watching you. However, I plan to discuss both pros and cons of the situation and write an informative paper. This brings me to my audience. Who would want to read something like this? My scholarly peers, that’s who!

      I see my audience possibly as a chief in a hospital who is trying to decide whether or not they should equip their hospital with this new technology. From reading my paper, he would be able to have a full understanding of the technology and make a conscience decision. I could also see a scholarly peer reading my paper who wanted to know more about this technology to decide is it is ethical or not.

     In any situation, I just see my audience as a peer of mine who is interested in this topic or someone who wanted more information. I hope that any scholarly person would be able to pick up my paper and find something on there that they didn’t already know. Overall, I would like for my peers to have a better understanding of how technology can have a positive impact on society, and specifically, health care.

No comments:

Post a Comment