Friday, April 6, 2012

About Me


About Me and Technology

      My name is Kaitlen, and I am 22 years old. I grew up in the very small town of Prosser, Washington, then moved to Spokane Valley to go to school and become a nurse. I have an appreciation for writing because I personally have found that writing, in any form, can be extremely beneficial. It is a way of letting loose of emotions, thoughts, and exploring your imagination.

      Within the last year, I upgraded from a simple cell phone to an Iphone. Since then, my mind has been broadened! The capability of instantly pulling up unknown knowledge with just the tap of a finger is mind-blowing to me! I grew up, as one would say “under a rock”, and didn't even have a computer until I was 19. I was a little late to the game when it came to technology. My boyfriend was the one who introduced me to the Iphone. When there was a song he wanted me to listen to, he instantly pulled it up on his phone. When there was a movie he wanted me to watch, he was able to instantly show me videos and clips. It's wonderful being able to access anything I want, wherever I go and it's remarkable to think that I can do all this with something that fits in my pocket. I use my phone for everything, more than I use my computer. In fact, my phone is faster in retrieving information than my laptop is, and its twenty times smaller. I have now realized that technology, like the Iphone, has given people the access to any price of information they want whenever they want it.

      On top of all that, the Iphone has impacted my life by documenting this last year with information of my choosing. If there is a something I have seen, or a place I have gone, I can easily relive those memories by flipping through photos that I have taken and have the ability to retrieve them wherever I go. Only time will tell how technology will continue to impact mankind

No comments:

Post a Comment